Monday, 15 February 2016

Unending Love ended


Unending Love - Tagore

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times…
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms,
In life after life, in age after age, forever.
Whenever I hear old chronicles of love, its age-old pain,
Its ancient tale of being apart or together.
As I stare on and on into the past, in the end you emerge,
Clad in the light of a pole-star piercing the darkness of time:
You become an image of what is remembered forever.
You and I have floated here on the stream that brings from the fount.
At the heart of time, love of one for another.
We have played along side millions of lovers, shared in the same
Shy sweetness of meeting, the same distressful tears of farewell-
Old love but in shapes that renew and renew forever.

Today it is heaped at your feet, it has found its end in you
The love of all man’s days both past and forever:
Universal joy, universal sorrow, universal life.
The memories of all loves merging with this one love of ours –
And the songs of every poet past and forever.
You posted this poem today. And stunningly beautiful as it is, it simply made me sad as I so wished that you felt this way about me. Instead, I hear the final knell of our relationship, which i have heard for almost a year now... an incessant sound i first chose to ignore.... but now interrupts my every thought.

Our week during Chinese New Year was nice. I loved spending the nights with you. We fit together so well and I find such comfort in your arms. But after two nights of just cuddling, I did get curious about the lack of sexual contact. I asked if it was the weed. You said yes. So i decided to stay away for a night though i regretted it. I then asked if i could stay over that last night 11/12 February.

I don't know when - if ever - we will get to sleep together again.


No comments:

Post a Comment