Friday, 25 December 2015

Realisation number 2

I have mentioned it before that we are actually quite incompatible - I would never dream of going to Kulim... but these trips bring you great joy (and you're going today with Wei). So my realisation today is that we are incompatible and have no future, so a part-time lover arrangement would probably be best. No necessities to meet parents or for you to be in any other uncomfortable positions.

We could possibly work if we do not expect each other to do the things that we don't like. I wouldn't want you to attend Oxbridge functions and I hope you wouldn't want me to go traipsing in kampongs. But for a life partner, you would want them to spend time doing the things you love. Ergo back to my realisation.

And so life goes on.

OH - just an aside - you had invited Sean and me for Christmas Day dinner at your home - you wanted to make a curry and i suggested korma... but you made it for Christmas eve dinner for you and Wei and apparently there is no dinner tonight. How interesting. Your invite was made verbally - and i only have this to show that there was an understanding about Christmas Day dinner - at least from my side. Anyway, I won't bring it up. Yet.

This was our chat a couple of days ago followed by our chat today (ref Kulim)... no dinner .. i'm not mad.. just mildly amused and then a little sad.








On my way out of Penang I couldn't resist asking you what happened. You told me you forgot. It hurt me that you did. That I wasn't important enough to remember. And it wasn't just any dinner. It was Christmas Dinner and it would have been the first time you were going to cook me a proper meal. And Christmas, like any special day - Valentines' day, birthdays, anniversaries etc - was really special to me. But I guess all of it really wasn't important to you. As important as it was to me anyway. So my heart broke again.

No comments:

Post a Comment